1. In a blender, puree the mint, jalapeño, shallot, garlic, vinegar, sugar and 1/2 cup of the oil. Season with salt.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°. In an ovenproof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil until shimmering. Season the lamb with salt and pepper; add to the skillet, fat side down, and brown over high heat, turning once. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 12 minutes, until medium-rare. Transfer the lamb to a carving board; let rest for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Blanch the snow peas, about 1 minute. Drain and pat dry.
4. In a bowl, mix the Thai chile, cilantro, snow peas, almonds and the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil; season with salt.
5. Carve the racks into chops; set 3 on each plate. Dollop with the mint chimichurri and serve the snow pea salad alongside. —Luke Mangan
FOOD & WINE selects the recipes and is closely involved in evaluating the wines offered by licensed retailers through the FOOD & WINE Wine Club. Global Wine Company has been selected to service and fulfill the
FOOD & WINE Wine Club. For all states other than Texas, all credit card payments will be authorized by Global Wine Company located at 1401 Los Gamos Dr. #230, San Rafael, CA 94903, for the benefit of each retailer. All wine sales are made by a licensed retailer in compliance with state laws and the licensed retailer assures all involved that it fully complies with all states laws applicable to it. Due to state laws, wine can be purchased only be adults age 21 or older. Wine may be shipped only to legal adults. We currently ship to the following states: CA, ID, LA, MO, ND, NE, NH, NM, NV, OR, WV, WY. Further, in the following states, all orders accepted by and sales made by licensed in-state retailers: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, HI, IA, IL, IN, MA, MI, MN, NJ, NY, OH, VA, WA. In Texas, all wine will be sold by Texas licensed winery, Landon Winery, located at 2508 Lee Street, Greenville, TX, 75401, Phone: 1-903-454-7878.