1. In a blender, puree the mint, jalapeño, shallot, garlic, vinegar, sugar and 1/2 cup of the oil. Season with salt.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°. In an ovenproof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil until shimmering. Season the lamb with salt and pepper; add to the skillet, fat side down, and brown over high heat, turning once. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 12 minutes, until medium-rare. Transfer the lamb to a carving board; let rest for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Blanch the snow peas, about 1 minute. Drain and pat dry.
4. In a bowl, mix the Thai chile, cilantro, snow peas, almonds and the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil; season with salt.
5. Carve the racks into chops; set 3 on each plate. Dollop with the mint chimichurri and serve the snow pea salad alongside. —Luke Mangan